Night clubs are entertainment hubs which serve alcohol through a bar and run till late night. Entertainment is all extended to dance floors, DJ Music, Live music and maintain a certain dress code for the guests who visit the club. Night Clubs is way different from bars and other traditional restaurants (both quick service and Dine in) when it come to promotion especially through digital medium.
Challenges : There are major challenges in promoting a business which has legal concerns and considerations in certain countries like that in Middle East
1. There is a specific guideline by Facebook on prohibiting Ad promotion of Alcohol -
Ads promoting or referencing alcohol are prohibited in some countries, including but not limited to: Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
2. Night Clubs cannot promote gambling or lottery related activities on Facebook -
Ads that promote or facilitate online real money gambling, real money games of skill or real money lotteries, including online real money casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed with prior written permission. Authorized gambling, games of skill or lottery ads must target people 18 years or older who are in jurisdictions for which permission has been granted.
3. Night Clubs have the limitations to promote tobacco related products or ambience -
Social media prohibits Ads that promote tobacco or tobacco-related products, including cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, tobacco pipes, hookahs, hookah lounges, rolling papers, vaporized delivery devices and electronic cigarettes.
Even though after such restrictions these places of interests can Blogs or groups connecting people with tobacco-related interests, as long as the service does not lead to the sale of tobacco or tobacco-related products directly. Age restrictions should be duly considered and appropriate age settings should be selected based on respective country policies.
Some basic ideas or tips to follow while choosing Social Media for promotion
1. Always to avoid selecting bar, night club or Hookah bar as business category. Category like restaurant, club can fit in as appropriate category.
2. Select an age restriction above 21 or 25 based on country choosen for promotion.
3. Avoid to showcase any picture or text related to nude girls, alcohol, tobacco related products on the post. Night Club can rather focus on lifestyle and ambience related pictures and texts.
4. Should recruit influencers very articulately to promote the actual entertainment services through word of mouth virality eventually bypassing all rules and policies of Social media channels.
5. Surrogate advertisement can be a very good way of promoting the message for adult entertainment like night clubs. Surrogate advertisement could be any idea which indirectly promotes banned products or services. For example like Alcohol brands selling soda or mineral water bottles or music CDs. Similarly, Night Clubs have to come up with innovative surrogate ideas for promoting banned products and services available.
Communique LLC is an experienced and specialized agency that promotes brands related to the Food & Beverage industry, with decades of rich experience when it comes to marketing for restaurants. From fine dining to casual dining, Fast food to Quick Service restaurants, clubs, bars and night clubs and more, have successfully devised and marketed numerous campaigns for brands in the Middle East.